Saturday 24 January 2015

The Valentine's Day Proposal

I was watching "Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar" the other day (if you haven't, you should definitely catch this movie. It's a must watch for every lovestruck teen!) and I realized there is less than a month for Valentine's Day!!! :-)

And while I would love to receive a proposal, it doesn't look like "that" guy will ask me out. So, I'm going to have to be the courageous one and propose to my crush. I have already gotten over the cold-feet-and-clammy-hands phase, so I can now actually plan how to pop "the" question. My first idea was to put on a pretty dress and walk straight up to him. But that would be too boring, I thought later. So, I've come up with an elaborate plan to propose to my special someone. (I figured I should at least have fun proposing even if he turns me down in the end.)

On the 14th of February, I would rise at the crack of dawn and knock on his door before breakfast. (I'm lucky Valentine's Day falls on a weekend this year!) When he wakes up groggily and answers the door, I'd surprise him with a quick hug and wish him good morning. My citrus perfume would start working its magic by then (it's his favourite scent) and I'd have transformed his mood for the better. I would then tell him about the lavish Saturday brunch at the nearby ecotel hotel, and casually ask him if he would like to accompany me. (My crush is a huge foodie, and the mention of buffet would certainly fetch a positive response from him.)

I plan to book a sea-facing private table done up in white and blue (his favourite colours) for the two of us. Once we are seated, I'd tell him we both should sit on one side to get a good view of the sea. This trick will get us closer to each other and make it easier for skin-contact! ;-) We would share some laughter and keep eating at a very slow pace to spend maximum time with each other. And just before the dessert, I would clap my hands, and the hired guitarists would enter our dining area and play "Party for Two" by Shania Twain and Billy Currington.

Will you be my Valentine?

I'm hoping by then all the glasses of wine will have played their part and I'd be able to drag him on to the dance floor to shake a leg with me. At the end of the song, I'd hold him by his hand and pull him to the railings that overlook the sea. And that is when I'd ask, "Will you be my Valentine?"

I hope he'll say "yes". I will then be able to spend the evening on another date with him. How are you planning to propose to your crush on this Valentine's Day? Let me hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your thoughts!