Coming from a Bengali family, I was introduced to dancing fairly early in life - at the age of five. I started learning Bharatnatyam first, and then moved on to Kathak, Bollywood dancing, Latin ballroom and salsa. With so much love and interest for dancing, I always wondered why there was such a dearth of dance-networking sites. But then I came across The Dance Bible - a platform that connects people who have dance in common.
Newly launched, this site is a treasure trove for dance enthusiasts. The website is organized into fifteen sections:-
1. Dance Styles - a repertoire of popular dance forms, both Indian and Western, the pages explain the nuances of various dance styles
2. Dance Anatomy - the articles under this heading have useful information on how to use your bodyparts effectively for dancing. You can also learn to take good care of your feet and other areas which bear most of the brunt of dancing.
3. Dance Blog - as the name suggests, this section has multiple informative blogposts on the topic of dance
4. Dance Videos - this one is for people who like to learn by watching online videos and do not have the time to travel to dance classes
5. Dance Audios - looking for some nice tunes to grove to? Have your pick here!
6. Interviews - a peek into the techniques and lives of the stalwarts of dancing
7. Dance Portfolio - This one is unique. You can create your dance profile by listing the dances you know, about yourself, your contact info and even a picture of yourself. There is a place of people to comment also. Don't forget to check out my profile.
8. Dance School - a very useful tool to search for dance schools across the world - by country, city or name. I would have liked to see a filter for dance styles too.
9. Dance Freelancers - a place where you can browse through dance teachers and freelance dancers and view their charges.
10. Dance Quotes - a nice collection of some inspiring words by dancing luminaries such as Michael Jackson and Marta Graham.
11. Dance Memes - I did not find this very useful, but I guess you could enjoy the humour.
12. Biographies - Life-stories of some very famous dancers, and also their videos!
13. Dance Diaries - This is where you can blog about your own dance journey for others to read
14. Dance Events - I did not find any upcoming events, but this is a useful tool if well maintained.
15. Dance Forum - This is where you can post questions and interact with others. The admin is pretty quick in answering your query (I speak from experience).
The site is quite responsive and neat in its design. I found it easy to navigate through The Dance Bible. Overall, the site is quite a useful one for those looking to learn, teach or talk about dance. The dancer in me is delighted to have this avenue and I will certainly keep coming back to this website for more dance tips. If you love dance or wish to start, you must visit this site.