Wednesday 11 February 2015

The Sound of Surprise

There are very few days remaining for Valentine's Day. This is a good time to tell you how I proposed to my better half last year. I had been preparing for some days before I executed the grand plan on his birthday.

I had planned a treasure hunt for my dear one. We both are explorers and I knew he would love a good search. I rang his doorbell and when he answered the door, I took him by surprise and blindfolded him. This gave me ample time to quickly put the post-it notes (which acted as clue markers) on the predefined clues in his house.

When I was done, I unfolded his eyes and handed him his first clue. All the clues I wrote were in verses. My boyfriend and I are into poetry and there are few things that good poetry can't do. ;-) He had turned twenty five, and I celebrated his age by planting twenty five clues across the house.

Now, my companion is quite smart, but even he would get stuck at a few clues. This is when I would grant him bonus clues for which he would have to pay with a kiss (I'm smarter! :-D ). After half an hour of searching and laughing and smooching, the birthday boy had finally found his gift. I waited with bated breath as he unwrapped the giant package and wondered what I had stashed inside.

He jumped with joy when he pulled out the camouflage-print forty litre rucksack I had selected for him. But the surprise wasn't over yet. The bigger surprise was the reason for the backpack - we were going to do a long trip to Delhi, Dehradun and Mussoorie in a couple of months! :-) He hugged me, not believing the news I had just broken to him. Travel is a passion we both nurture, but he has a special fondness for the mountains of the north. The Himalayas had been on his bucket list for many months.

As the evening gave way to an enchanting night, I took my boyfriend out to a romantic fine dining restaurant. His happiness knew no bounds when he saw it was an all-you-can-eat buffet with items he had been craving for! We celebrated the night with some wine to go with the sumptuous fare.

My love made me  ponder over the sounds that make me truly happy - the sound of his laugh when we think of our funny moments, the clinking of the glasses after we raise a toast to each other and our relationship, the sound of the music he plays on his mouth organ, the sound of his breath against my skin when we slow dance together. I believe this is what love sounds like. My favourite sound is the sound of togetherness. When we two are together, there is only silence - a sound that only we can perceive. It is our sound of love!



I am participating in the #SoundOfLove activity at BlogAdda in association with Bluestone.

2 comments:

  1. Oh you gave treat to your boyfriend? hehe..btw one kiss would have done more wonders for him rather than a paid dinner. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear your thoughts!