Wednesday 6 May 2015

#EkNayiLeague Ki Shuruaat!

Most of you must be busy watching the Indian Premier League (IPL) this season. My father sure is a big fan of cricket, and everyone in the house ends up watching most of the evening matches because no other television channel is allowed to be on. Some of you are slightly luckier (or should I say bigger cricket fans?) for you watch your matches live from the stadiums.

A lot has been written and spoken about the IPL, the good, the bad, and the ugly included. But the fact remains that everybody enjoys it. Those who watch draw copious amounts of happiness, those who play draw outrageous salaries, and those to run the show, draw even more. ;-) Despite the scams, the league still remains the most successful sports league in India. We have seen many other leagues in different sports lately - the Kabaddi League, the Badminton League, and we have always had our own little football leagues, especially in the East. In this crowded world of sports leagues, I did not expect another to set foot. But we have #EkNayiLeague coming soon!

Kapil Dev has been talking non-stop about Ek Nayi League. He says that one cannot win this game with one's heart. That would be a surefire way of getting knocked out! I am guessing this means we will have to make use of our brains, and closely analyze a lot of things. For a moment there, I almost thought he was launching an online betting platform specifically for India. But then I remembered how betting is not quite legal in our country.

This is when it struck me that Ek Nayi League could be a massively multiplayer online game, of the likes of the Fifa series. If my guess is true, then most sports fans would be overjoyed. I know a lot of people who love to watch matches and then play it on their computer. Most of my EPL (English Premier League) fan friends also play Fifa and other video games either on their computers or dedicated gaming consoles (Playstation, Wii or XBox). They passionately select their players, form their teams, decide on their strategy and play the game.

If Ek Nayi League really is a video game, then I would love to be able to select my stadium from across all Indian stadiums. I would certainly want the players to look lifelike, and also accurately replicate the scene in reality. If a player is banned for a season, I want the game to reflect that. Even the action replay should look real. And the jerseys must change depending on whether we are playing at home or away.

I have my fingers crossed. What do you think Ek Nayi League is? Many of my friends think its a dance show! I wonder why. We really don't have many choreographers judging dance shows anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your thoughts!