Monday 18 May 2015

Destressing Mummy

My mother is a constant worrier! She assumes that she and only she is accountable for everything any member of our family does. She might come across as a control freak to some, but what she actually does is simply care a little too much for all of us.

My mum has a habit of making sure every day goes like clockwork. She has to wake up at four in the morning and meditate. Then she sleeps again for a couple of hours before waking up finally to make lunch for my father and sister, which they carry in their tiffin. Mom then prepares a sumptuous breakfast for all of us, consisting of a variety of cut fruits, nuts, a hot beverage and a protein-rich filling dish. On the days that I get a little late for work, she insists on packing my breakfast so I can eat it on the go. This super-homemaker then manages the housework by coordinating with our various housemaids - the cook, the sweeper and the dish-washing lady.

My mom attends to the door-knocks of umpteen visitors on a daily basis - the milkman, the newspaperman, the laundry boy, and several of her friends who drop by to say hello. I keep wondering how she manages to stay so active throughout the day. When we are back from work, she always has a hot meal ready for us. Then she goes out to buy groceries. My mum is a singer and she routinely attends her music lessons. She is also an environmental activist and joins her NGO founder friend on her numerous campaigns and events.

You will not believe when I tell you she is over fifty years old! Despite her busy schedule, she manages to groom herself well and is one of the trendiest women in her circles. My mum loves to match her clothes, bags, shoes and accessories. She never forgets to wear her makeup before leaving the house. I cannot even begin to imagine the kind of stress my mother goes through. Her lifestyle has led to her developing ulcerative colitis and she has been on a strict diet and medicine regime for the last few years.

I feel that a supermom like her deserves to destress! This is why I wish to give her a Parachute Advanced aromatherapy oil massage so she can relax. After all, she gives me hair oil massages at least once a week. It is time I pampered and indulged her a bit.

I’m blogging about why my mother needs to de-stress with a Parachute Advansed Aromatherapy Oil massage for the #StressFreeMom activity at BlogAdda.

1 comment:

Let me hear your thoughts!