Saturday 13 June 2015

Stay Beautiful Naturally!

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will know I am an avid traveller. While my spirit loves new climates and environs, my skin is not always excited. I often come back from a trek in the hot sun to find that I have some nasty boils. After a nice, long swim in the lavish pools in some of the resorts that I stay in, I return to my suite with a tan. After I breathe in the cold mountain air, I check my face in the mirror to find dry skin and chapped lips. On those rare occasions that I wear makeup to hide my blemishes and uneven patches on the skin, I realize that I am going to have a crazy breakout the next day.

But thanks to several home remedies, I know how to keep my skin looking healthy! Today, I am going to share some easy to prepare natural treatments to make your skin glow without any sort of artificial agent or makeup. Here is the list:-

1. If you do not wish to eat something, put it on your face! ;-)

I really mean this! Most fruit peels are wonderful on your skin. You can try papaya, tomato, orange or whatever fruit you wish. So, the next time you are done chewing orange pulp, don't throw that in the bin, use it as an organic peel and keep it on your face for 20 minutes before washing it off. This tip will help you get rid of a lot of your tan.

2. If you hate milk, put it on your face! 

Milk works wonders and removes a lot of impurities in the pores of your skin. It is a natural cleanser. If you don't wish to use a cleansing agent, just soak some cotton in a bowl of cold milk and dab your face and eyelids with it.

3. Tea can really open your eyes!

After you are done making tea, do not throw the teabags. If you sleep with teabags on your eyelids, you can reduce your dark circles.

4. Attend more pre wedding ceremonies! ;-)

This one might seem unusual, but there is some logic to it. Remember the "haldi" ceremony? The bride and the groom get a natural turmeric treatment to make their skin radiant and clear just before the marriage. If you think making a turmeric paste is too much of a task for you, just use a tube of VICCO Turmeric Cream and you shall have the same effect!


5. Use "multani mitti"

Multan is in Pakistan, but you can find multani mitti (soil from Multan) in India as well. Just mix some of this fine earth with some water or milk and apply the paste on your face. Keep it on for about twenty minutes and wash it off. Your face will be naturally scrubbed and cleaned! This treatment also keeps your skin smooth and soft.

Try these at home and let me know if any of my tips worked for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your thoughts!