Saturday 17 January 2015

Who Am I?

"Who are you?" This is the first question one hears when one meets a stranger, whether at a party or a job interview. And if you ask me, this is the most difficult question ever. It cannot be answered in a single word for each of us is not just a name. The answer to this is also not a relation. You are not just X's wife or Y's daughter. The answer is not simply your profession either. We are more than just doctors/artists/homemakers, right? One of my readers asked me who I am, and my reply to her is in this post for today.


I am a woman. I am a computer engineer. I am also a blogger. I am a traveller. I am not just a travel blogger though. I write about everything under the sun. I don't just write. I also read. I read fiction, and non-fiction. I don't only do sedentary work. I am a runner. I love the streets. I run rhythmically. And that's not the only thing that brings rhythm in my life. I am also a dancer. I learn Latin Ballroom and Salsa. I have waltzed, done the rumba, cha-cha, jive, foxtrot, paso-doble, and then some. But I'm not fond of just the western dances. I have also learnt Bharatnatyam and Kathak.


I am not a solitary being. I have dreams, wishes, and people I share those with. I want to learn. I never want to stop learning. I have studied engineering. And I currently study the intricacies of the financial markets. But I would love to study the art of management. I would love to travel the world, and know more people with dreams like mine. But I also wish to know about people who are different from me. I like diversity. I love to interact with people from different cultures, with different mindsets. I believe that sharing knowledge makes it grow. This is why I tell you today who I am. I hope you will tell me too. Who are you?

This post is part of #UseYourAnd activity at BlogAdda in association with Gillette Venus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear your thoughts!